THE ROLE OF MOOC IN UNIVERSITY’S LEADERSHIP STRATEGY
The paper presents the situation of transformation in higher education, which driven by the rising interest in Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). MOOCs seen as transformation drivers in all levels of education and are very important to lead in education sector. However, this transformation comes with the new challenges for higher education. Higher education institutions must revise current and offer new ways of course design and delivery as well as to adapt a learning process according to the new challenges. The Lithuanian case presented in this paper.
2. Peters, M. (2012). Education and the Knowledge Economy.
Economic and Social Research Council (ERSC, UK), Bath, GN: University of Bath.
3. Yuan, L., & Powell, S. (2013), MOOCs and Open Education: Implications for Higher Education. JISC CETIS. Retrieved March 3, 2013, from http://publications.cetis.org.uk/wp-content/ uploads/2013/03/MOOCs-and-Open-Education.pdf
4. Thompson, K. (2013). 7 things you should know about MOOCs.
Lousville, CO: ELI publications.
5. Open University (2012). Innovating Pedagogy. Open University. Retrieved December 2, 2012, from http://tinyurl. com/c5m2uaa
6. Daniel, J. (2012). Making Sense of MOOCs: Musings in a Maze of Myth, Paradox and Possibility. Wales, GB: The Open University.
7. Karolčik, Š., Čipkova, E., Hrušecky, R., &Veselsky, M. (2015) The Comprehensive Evaluation of Electronic Learning Tools and Educational Software (CEELTES). Informatics in Education, 14(2), 243–264.
8. Read T., & Rodrigo C. (2014). Toward a quality model for UNED MOOCs. ELearning Papers, vol. 37, 43–50.
9. Jarrett, J. (2012). What Are ‘MOOC’s and Why Are Education Leaders Interested in Them? Huff post. Retrieved November 13, 2012, from http://www.impatientoptimists.org/Posts/2012/11/ What-Are-MOOCs-and-Why-Are-Education-LeadersInterested-in-Them#.VmUx1LiGRBc
10. JISC (2013). Open educational resources programme. Jisc.
Retrieved January 31, 2013, from http://www.jisc.ac.uk/ whatwedo/programmes/elearning/oer.aspx
11. Gee, S. (2012), MITx – the Fallout Rate. I programmer.
Retrieved June 16, 2012, from http://www.i-programmer.info/ news/150-training-a-education/4372-mitx-the-fallout-rate.html
12. Larry, C. (2013). MOOCs and Pedagogy: Teacher-Centered, Student-Centered, and Hybrids (Part 1). Retrieved February 13, 2013, from http://larrycuban.wordpress.com/2013/02/13/ moocs-and-pedagogy-part-2/
Abstract views: 81 PDF Downloads: 0 PDF Downloads: 23